Thursday, January 22, 2009

My New Tilt and First Attempts at Tweaking

So... my new Tilt/Kaiser arrived. After less than 24 hours playing with it, I was hot to start tweaking it. I installed a few different things, but then decided before I got too far, I should unlock the SIM and CID, one makes it region free/unlocked, the other opens it to flashing a hacked ROM on the phone. The unlocking seemed to go fine using KaiserUnlocker... but it had a bad side effect, it disabled my ability to hear or talk during phone calls. Woops! That's more than a minor problem.

From reading online forums I found a lot of people had this problem when tweaking the Tilt. Phew, at least my phone wasn't defective. So, following this guide, I stripped everything I’d loaded back off to make it factory fresh again. It worked like charm, I could make phone calls again. But, I now had a boring non custom phone. This was yesterday.

I decided to skip unlocking the phone or using a cooked/hacked ROM, basically to take a less intensive approach, at least at first, to tweaking my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment